Children have the right to LIFE…and the right to be PROTECTED
When threatened, these fundamental, God-given rights compel Extreme Love Ministries to act.
We also believe children have other rights* including:
- the right to their own name and identity;
- the right to an education;
- the right to the protection of their privacy;
- the right to be raised by or have relationship with their parents;
- the right to be heard; and
- the right to grow up playing in safety.
In the slums of Cambodia, human trafficking and other forms of exploitation rob untold numbers of children of these rights. Extreme Love Ministries seeks to identify these children, rescue them, and restore their fundamental, God-given rights. Physical, emotional and spiritual healing come next.
Our casework team coordinates these efforts with a network of government officials, police, investigators, social workers, and like-minded non-profit organizations to ensure successful, lasting results.
Our primary goals are to:
- make sure rescued children do not fall back into the hands of the person(s) who sold them, and
- provide rescued children with safe, ongoing care and restoration to meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Extreme Love Ministries seeks to keep children in families, but when safe, long-term kinship care options are not available, we consider alternatives. Our Hope House shelter is one such care option, and our network of partner ministries here in Cambodia provides many more.
You can help rescue children. Join our casework team through your prayers and financial gifts.
(*In agreement with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of a Child)